rotating textures

Hi, I have a texture of wood I have applied to a door. It is currently running horizontally but needs to run vertically. I have explored the OIP under render and don't have any options related to mapping, which after reading the help section and some other threads should be there.

What am i missing?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The texture for the door either comes from the door class setting or from a specific style setting you assign in the door dialogue under "view". From what I can tell, you do not have the type of flexibility for mapping with a plug in object that you do with custom made objects.

If your door is simple - just a slab - I believe your best bet is to extract the texture and revise it using photoshop. Here you can adjust the orientation and scale. This method doesn't work as well if the door has rails and stiles and a panel since you will want the texture going different directions for the separate elements.

You could also model the door yourself creating the various components from extruded rectangles. You would have much greater flexibility in the oip to adjust the mapping.

hope this helps