Viewport crop problem

I am having some trouble with viewport cropping. I used a rectangle to crop a viewport and then I set the rectangle to have no line so that it would not be visible. I needed to edit the crop so I entered the edit crop mode but I was unable to select the rectangle I used to crop the viewport. Even with all classes turned on and using Select All I would get no selection of the crop object. To make matters worse I tried re-cropping the viewport in the same way I did initially and now it proceeds to tell me that I can have only one crop object, but it still won't let me select the crop objects. Basically entering crop mode for that viewport now puts me in an infinite loop of it telling me I can have only one crop object and me not being able to select any of the crop objects. My only way to get out of the loop is to shut down VectorWorks and re-open the file. Any suggestions for making invisible crops the right way? Or any ideas what might be causing my problem? Thanks!

When the line weight is set to 0, it's next to impossible to click on the object to select it.

Try using Select All to select the crop object while in Edit Crop mode.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to revive this thread since I'm having the same problem.

I can confirm that it is not a class problem - I've set all classes to visible and have show/snap/modify on.

Also I use select all, Alt-marquee, and zoom way-way out and use a huge marquee to try and select it.

Any other ideas?

whoa I feel dumb.

I didn't realize that viewports set up by VW in the Create Viewports tool (which I'm just now using) don't have a crop object. the viewport just resizes to display the objects on the visible layers without using a crop object. I couldn't select the crop because there wasn't one...

doh!