For those using 2 monitors...

How do you prefer to setup your workspace? I am considering getting a 20 or 23" apple display to work in tandem with my notebook. I am surprised that I have gotten used to working on this 15" screen but whenever I visit an office where they are using larger monitors I realize what I am missing.

So, drawing on monitor, palettes on laptop? Any insight would be appreciated.

Can't encourage you strongly enough--screen space is a premium commodity.

So, drawing on monitor, palettes on laptop?

That's what I do. And I have every type of workspace duplicated, with one arranged and optimized for on-the-go single monitor, and the other for two monitors in the office. Otherwise, switching back and forth can be tedious palette dragging and resizing.

Perhaps there's a better way....

i also have two workspaces, one for my laptop and one for my home pc.

on the left screen are my libraries,info pallet, and restriction pallet

on the right screen is the main window, tools on left side(3 columns), navigation on the right side and attributes above navigation

on my laptop: tools left with a minimum of space (only those i use the most, the others are under those). info and libraries on the right side. and attributes somewhere in a corner

Edited by someonenamedlink

I think I have a similar setup to the responders above. I do the drawing on the Bigger monitor and the reference panes and less used pallets, etc. on the smaller screen.

I keep the workhorse palletes arranged right and left of the working space screen on the bigger monitor.

If I have two files open, one for copying from and reference for example, I have it display on the smaller monitor.

Mac 23" display, Powerbook G4, 17" Screen, 1GB RAM, 60GB HD, and the desktop setup displays on two monitors, a 20" CRT and a 23" Apple Cinema display.

Out to client conferences I display the stuff on a wall/screen from the laptop with a DLP projector as the "larger" screen, and do all the out of sight stuff on the laptop monitor.

And on a final Note, I use either the DLP on the wall/screen for in office conferences with groups, or I simply have the client looking at the Cinema display while I sit on the opposite side of the table and work off the Laptop or 20" display on the dual G5 Machine.

Edited by bclydeb