no dongle request

Lucy48

Question

Hi,

I don't have a great computer knowledge so am quite confused about a problem with installing vectorworks. It installed fine but at no point did it ask for the dongle and it specifically says not to insert it without a request. I read the answer to a similar problem but they had been able to open a demo version. I opened the license mgr installer and the dongle installer but still nothing happened. Any thoughts? I don't know if it makes a difference but it is a UK version.

10 answers to this question

I have had the same thing happen today. I am installing Vectorworks 11.5 on my new laptop and it says that I don't have a dongle. I have restarted my computer removed and replaced it from my USB. Then I went and tried to update the drivers and it said that my drivers for the dongle were current.

Katie- This is what happens. The dongle lights up as the computer is restarting and then the light goes off. I open VW and get an error message. The message reads: A Vectorworks dongle could not be found. Make sure that the dongle is connected an that all required drivers have been installed. Vectorworks will now quit.

If the light it coming on and then going off, there's a problem with the dongle, USB port, or dongle driver.

I'd call Tech Support directly to narrow down this problem rapidly.

They can walk you through all the steps of uninstalling and reinstalling the dongle drivers. That's probably the best approach first.