How to find a misplaced file...find where it is referencing from?

So one of our employees may have inadvertently relocated a file, and renamed it, so using Spotlight finder, is no luck. I tried by last modified date, typicall file name...nothing.

We have a title block file for that Barn drawing that is workgroup referenced in.

Is there a way to see what files are referencing a specific title block file?

For instance, open the title block file, and see where it is being sent?

I know this sounds like a stretch, but might save some work. We do have a Backup coming tomorrow afternoon, but I fer it will not work (see below), but any help would be greatly appreciated.

My fear though is that it was deleted, gone, see ya, and our rotating backups do not have a copy as it was some time ago it was worked on, and it fell in between our monthly backup archiving...

Stats, VW12.5.1, Mac os 10.4.7,

Thanks again,

Spinner

WGR does not track files as they are moved or renamed by the OS.

WGR uses a declared Filepath if the path is changed the link is broken and must be re-assigned.

Your best bet is via OSX powerful indexed search functions. If they fail for naming, etc.

then try to look inside the file for specific text blocks.

If that file exists on your drivepath then you will find it via OSX...guaranteed !