People Entorage (2D) bringing computer to a stop..

CRSA_890

All,

In a few files that we have inserted people into the drawings, We are noticing now that the file is making our computers come to a halt, and pegging the processors at 100%.

I do not know how the people were inserted, but can only assume that they were used from the 00_Entourage_Figures file located in the VW12.5/Libraries/Objects-Imperial directory. When I go into and edit the 2d symbol, in the OIP it is listed as a picture, with a size of 3841 X 29178 Pixels. THe actual dimension size of the picture is: 1'9.642" in width, by 5'10 7/16" in height. We have multiple 2d symbols of people and when I inserted them a few months ago, everything was fine and the file was normal speed. Now some show us as grey boxes with an X through it, like it didn't draw them, just the outline of the 'picture' in the symbol.

Ok so based on my very rough math and understanding abut pixels per inch, the image has a Pixel per inch of 73,526? That was found out by taking the pixel dim, and getting # of sq pixels, divided by the # of sq inches.

When I bring in new images from the above folder, it shows up with roughly 156 pixels per inch, much much smaller (pixel dimension, not size dimension which looks fine, still about 5' tall.)

We are on Mac Os 10.4.7, VW 12.5, with Mac Pro 2x2.66 Ghz, Nvidia 7300 graphics Card. It happens on both Mac Pros we have, and it just brings the computer to its knees until it draws the image?

Any thoughts would be helpfull. Could it have happened from a VW12.0.1 to a VW 12.5 conversion? Was there andy conversion of the files? I know there was from VW11 to 12. I do not think we put these 2D symbols when we had VW11.

To solve it, we are deleting the people, and instantly the file is fine, so it is definitely something with the file.

I have attached a picture of the file and the OIP, so you can see what I am talking about. I have also uploaded the WV12.5 file.

http://www.craigrsmithaia.com/jobs/Misc/

Thanks for any insight.

Spinner

WOW, this is weird, when I went back into the file this morning, that was giving me problems, everything was OK, and the images were normal, no lag at all. The image shown above, is now corrected...hummm. Self fixing files!!!

I did nothing to it yesterday other than export a copy to post to the web.

When I reinsert them, they are fine, and appear to be regular sized, as you show. I know something is happening to the symbols, but just do not know where, how or why. The symbols in the files Plug in folder, are fine, and the Symbol in the VW Entourage file seem ok.

Odd...

Thanks,

Spinner