Numbering Instruments

Hi,

I recently updated to 12 and I am having problems with numbering instruments. I use the number instruments command and it allows begins with the number 31, even though I have it set to start at 1. also, the pop up box for each unit lists the unit number as 9, even though the side panel box (and the visible number in the unit) will be 31 upwards.

It's driving me crazy...

I ran the updates and that hasn't helped. In fact, the help section no longer works post updating..

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,

Dans.

I had a similar problem in VER 11 and if memory serves me right, I found instruments hidden in a different layer or on a section that I had drawn that VW kept starting with. Basically there were other instruments that were being counted that I was not aware of or thought should not have been counted. Hope this helps.

Steve

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, the problem is that you have instruments selected on a layer that is turned off. Set all your layers to visable and layer options to show/Snap/Modify deselect everything, then go back to the previous settings. This will be fixed for the next update.