Setting Levels & Shutters

lx-88

When I render in VW Spotlight 12 + Renderworks with the instruments "turned on" everything is too bright. How do I control the levels / intensities of the lights as a whole and individual instruments?

How do I add a shutter to a ellipsoidal spotlight? Barn doors on a fresnel?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

With the next update you will have the ability to set the intensity of the light.

If you want to control the light intensity and lit fog option, of a spific instrument symbol, let me know. There is a workarround that will allow you to do that till the update is released.

For now adding shutters etc needs to be done manually by placing a 3D poly in front of the light to block part of it.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The next update would be 12.0.x (I can't say when it will be ready)We felt that it was a critical overiste not to alow the user control over the brightness of the light on a per lighting device basis.

For now edit the instrument symbol and place a VW light inside of the symbol. Set the beam and field angle. Set the brightness, (and the lit fog option if you wish), and any other options. Turn the light off and exit the symbol.

When you insert this symbol as a lighting device, the lighting device will aim the light and turn it on and off.