Label Legend?

JDL

A label legend will be with the document you created it in and it should be the "active" legend until you create more than one - then you can set which one you want active when inserting instruments. There is a way to export them, but I started by creating a "master" document that includes all my label legends,stage, lighting positions, lights, etc. then I just rename it to the show and edit from there. Depending on what kind of work you do you can modify the idea. I work in a single theatre mostly so when I go to another spece I have found I can still use my master, just means more modifying.

Jim

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You should save your file as a template file (*.sta). When you create a new file select the template. It will have the label legend and the containers already in the new file.

If you need to use them in an existing file, you can import the label legends and the containers into the file, but you will have to create the legends and containers folders and move the symbols into them manually.

The active label designation is carried by the label legend symbol.