I don't need NNA to tell me what to do!

Petri

"Vertical mitres with no overhang are not recommended", says the program (Create Roof command) and refuses to create a roof to my liking.

Well, maybe they are not recommended for McMansions or whatever NNA's point of reference is, but if I want one, I expect to be able to create one.

In my work, I'm the expert and don't need any NNA-empolyees to teach me any lessons.

In this particular test case I have a historic building with a hip roof surrounded by parapets. I don't need to model it exactly, with box gutters and roof details, just to look OK in aerial views. Obviously, I need another CAD program...

Obviously, you won't need a new experience the limitations of a new CAD program ...

just set the Overhang to some integer greater than zero .... try 0.00000000000001 ; )

Annoying ... but inconsequential ... and this trick works for most every Tool including the Revolve with Rail ...

it's just another one of those programming boolean 'checks&balance' situations

( mitre function requires existence of a positive overhang value =TRUE ) .

What? Robert and I agree on something! These are the days of miracle and wonder...

While you are at it, see if negative values could be accepted, too. Perhaps a rare situation, but not unheard of.

Oh, islandmon: it IS consequential for hidden line renderings if one wants the line to be seen. (The way eg. Mrs Petri wants to work is to do hidden line drawings that she renders & colours by hand, often with water colours. About 100 times nicer images than I can do with VW & Artlantis...)