Call out tool and custom tool script/12.5

I don't use the call out tool because: I prefer to type notes on the drawing where I can see how much space they are taking up; I prefer to type notes first and leaders afterward; and, because I like to be able to easily reposition a note and change the location of the note in relation to the leader, which I find difficult with this tool. I see it as a stubborn tool, not one that conforms to the way I want to work.

So I continue to use the old leader line tool. But in 12.5 it doesn't quite work the way it used to. It seems to want to use the marker that is first in the list and it won't remember custom marker settings. I use a black dot that is smaller than the default. Instead of giving me a dot it gives me arrow heads. I can manually change those, but it did not formerly require extra steps.

So I created a custom tool attribute script which will give me a leader line as I wish it. Only problem is it is only good for one shot. I would like to be able to use it multiple times without selecting the tool each time. That is how tools normally work. So maybe I have something wrong in the script. Is that so? Here it is.

Thanks,

Donald

Procedure CustTool;

VAR

Name:STRING;

Result:BOOLEAN;

BEGIN

PushAttrs;

PenFore(255);

PenBack(0);

PenPat(2);

FillFore(255);