spaces and classes

blimey

Actually I don't quite understand what happened!!! I used to be able to put spaces in any class I wanted. Now it just force all spaces into Area Main. Spaces created in VW12 used to be in differnt classes, but now (once opened with vw12.5) they all switch to Area Main????

• 3 weeks later...

Marc,

It's good to see another CA moving to VW...

Just like other software systems you have learned in the past VW will take some getting used to however, you will see a more refined logic to the system than other popular CAD products out there. As you become profficient in VW you will never go back...just stay the course through the learning curve.

Auto-classing does exactly what it says....VW will automatically place items on hard coded classes as you insert objects regardless of the active class. The important thing for you to observe though, is the list of classes....they all have visibility settings and if your room object is dissapearing than the auto-class it is assigned to must not be visible. Check there first...

Pete A.