More "Light" Inst Type Issues

So, I've drawn a set of striplights. I changed the Light Info Record to display the correct Inst Type. I insert the fixtures and there it is--it says the correct Inst Type. I insert the color, purpose, channel, etc... and then refresh the fixtures. When I refresh the fixture, "Light" appears in the Inst Type!! Arrrggh. Then I can replace with active symbol and it goes back to the correct striplight infomation. What the? Also--my Add button is greyed-out in the label legend manager. Is there a limit to the number of LLs in a drawing?? That's wrong.

Make sure when you are changing your information in the Light Info Record, the symbol is not selected and you see the words "symbol default" in object info data box or you will just change that individual instance of the symbol.I do believe there is a limit of 25 LL per drawing.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You probably have entered "Light" in the Inst Type filed of the light info record. Device Type in the light info record should say "Light" and the Inst Type field should be a sescription of the light.

Whenever you replace a light the information from the light inof record is used to update the lighting device.

Interesting... All along I have had the Inst Type correct--a description of the symbol. Not until I filled in the Device Type in the Light Info Record with "Light" did the symbol respond correctly...

Is it true that there is a label legend limit per drawing? Anyway to override?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There is a limit to the number of label legends, I think is about 50 in 12.0.1. You can move label legends in and out of the label legend folder.

The instruments will still use the label legend, but some commands will not find them if they are not in the label legend folder.