Door PIO: 3D hinge direction only shows on inside?

Maybe I'm missing something here but it appears that if you show 3D hinge direction when using the door/window PIO, in v12.0.1, it only shows on the inside.

Besides having to flip all my windows around the wrong way to show hinge direction on my elevations it also means I can't have a outward opening door that shows 3D hinge direction to the outside.

Am I right or am I missing something?

Having discussed the issue with Robert over email it's now clear that the problem has to do with the fact that my symbols are made with plugin windows and doors (should have realised really).

If you place plugin doors or windows directly into walls they always put the hinge-direction on the outside of the wall (which is the correct behaiviour if you ask me). The problem is when you then place them inside a symbol they no longer know which is the outside of the wall.

The workaround is to ensure that what the plugin window or door thinks is the outside corresponds with the symbol's fixed aspect. In my case I was able to simply flip the windows within the symbols, while the doors were a bit trickier and it was easier just to recreate them.

There are other issues with placing plugin objects inside symbols. Another example is the inability to create cavity closers:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB20&Number=63116

My preference would be that symbols have some level of intelligence to cope with such things.