symbol folders?

mikelite80

Nice one, maybe you'd like to hang them on the 2km truss section I imported last week.

I found that importing single DXF/DWG files works best, despite the note to the contrary, and manually set the Unit Settings in File (mm perhaps) - as 'Determine Automatically' usually produces mutants.

I'm new to this, so there's probably a better soloution out there...

Ben.

Ok, I hope this makes sense...

I made some symbols, created a symbol folder. How do I get that symbol folder to always be in my resourse browser? I tried add to favorites but that did not work when I switched to a new page.

Mike

edit...New problem...

So I can make all that work but ALL my new symbols are differnt sizes. It thinks a Mac 2000 is 20' wide! Is this only cause I've got bad cad files I'm trying to make the symbols from?

[ 09-10-2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: mikelite80 ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can't add a folder to your favorites, you have to add the file as favorites. If the file is not being remembered from session to session there may be a problem with your permission settings. Email tech support directly and they can tell you exactly whay to check.

We attempt to read the scale information from the DXF/DWG file if it is there, then we make an educated guess. It usually takes me a few attempts to get symbols imported in the correct scale. Usually it's mm or in for most of the symbol files that I have seen.