Building corner at clerestory

Ken

You can do a join but only if the walls are on the same layer. The last time I ran into this problem I think (if I remember correctly) that I ended up using two different walls: one in the plan layer to make the join and an exact duplicate in the roof layer to be viewed in the roof plan. Each of these walls was assigned to its very class as well, so that I could make the first one invisible in the floor plan but visible in the elevations. The other option might be creating a very thin extrude in the roof layer to cover the butt end of the perpendicular wall. This is a tricky problem, therefore you need to find a tricky solution. Hopefully with these hints you'll come up with something elegant :-)

You can do a join but only if the walls are on the same layer...

Please explain how! Assume they are on the same layer.

Pete, were you describing a "work around" with questionable side effects? I don't think the Join tool will work on it. The lower wall is one wall object with peaks stretched such that in side view it's an "L." It must remain as one wall. Is that the wall that you're proposing to break up? That would be quite an unwanted "side effect."

The upper wall is actually two walls. I started from the right using the left outside line of the wall then came over the top of my lower wall and set a point...then continued up in the "+y' direction the thickness of the wall. This gives me a total exterior finish wrap on the upper celestory wall and joins the seams to the lowerwall for hidden line and also rederworks.

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

I turned the end caps on the walls to clarify.

image7.jpg

I hope this helps

Pete Anthony

Pete, I was NOT able to duplicate your success...

I created the extra wall leg:

19918070565.gif

In front view hidden line render they look clean:

19918154337.gif

Then I dragged them into position over the lower L wall:

19918165588.gif

In isometric hidden line render they look okay:

19918174622.gif

But back in front view hidden line render, the seam still shows:

19918230455.gif

And the extra wall leg is not very clean for exporting:

19918245658.gif

Even if the extra wall leg works as a "cover" it's very tedious, time consuming, and silly at best. I hope you're talking about something else.