VW11 Duplicating Viewports (Bug?)

When I am drafting exhibition stands I like to do the general drawing first, giving overall dimensions and some more detail dimensions in a plan view.

Once this drawing is finished and I need to create a seperate Sheet Layer to show services (socket locations etc...) I usually copy-paste the plan Viewport, complete with dimensions, into the new Sheet Layer. I then go in and delete the more detailed dimensions, leaving some of the key dimensions for reference.

On several occasions I have noticed, that upon flicking back to the main Sheet Layer, the changes made to the Plan Viewport in the other Sheet Layer have affected this too (i.e. deleted most of my dimensions, aarrgh!!).

Usually some rapid hammering of Cmd+Z fixes this, but sometimes my Undo History isn't quite big enough and, well, than can be quite annoying mad.gif

Any idea why this happens?

Wouldn't it be easier to just use Class & Layer declarations and turn them on & off as required ? This way your hard work is not lost to the C&P monster.

Also, note that ideally each instance of the VP container should have a unique ObjectID >NameString viewable via OIP>Data>Name in order to avoid the issues you are experiencing.