Urgent help needed - Vectorworks 12 and Artlantis

We have recently upgraded to a G5 Quad, so decided to upgrade our software too.

We now have Vectorworks 12 and Artlantis 4.5!

The problem is i cant figure out how to export to artlantis. Ive spent hours messing out and looking on the help website but to no avail.

I'm even starting to suspect that the two are not compatible.

Could someone please shed some light as i have urgent Visuals to do but cannot do them.

Thanks

Mike

Mike

I don't think they've updated, Abvent that is, the plug in with respect to VW12. They have one for VW12 to Artlantis R which is what they are now developing rather than any further development on 4.5 etc.

You could try using dxf export/import or revert back to your older VW with plug in to get it into Art 4.5.

We've got the same issue with Sketch Up. No plug in for SU5 to Artlantis 4.5, again only available for Artlantis R.

Guess its upgrade time again.

Alan

Edited by alanmac

Mike, the plugin available in the Abvent site DOES work. You have to read the instructions that come with it, and read the directions about adding the options to the workspace. Once installed, you can choose between exporting to Artlantis 4.5 or R.

The problem I have in both my iBook and Mac mini is that Artlantis 4.5 crashes almost all the time under Mac OS X 10.4.6

Hugo

I have to say Artlantis 4.5 is pretty stable for me on both Windows and Mac OSX(Tiger, with all updates).

I did use to get problems when using 3.5 on an older machine, which had a lot less ram than my current ones. Both have 1.5 gb were as the old machine had only 512 mb.

Maybe its a ram amount issue.

I'll add that I'm exporting from VW 11.5 on the Mac, or VW 10.5 on Windows, with the files opened on both platforms using 4.5 no real problems.

Alan

P.S. Mike, yes after a bit of searching (I was putting in Artlantis 4.5 in one search box on the Abvent site but not changing the smaller box to 4.5 next to it. doh!!) I see that the plug ins for VW12 to 4.5 are indeed available, good news.

They appear to have two sites running - www.abvent.com and www.artlantis.com to obtain these.