Pattern Projection

Hello everyone. I have been trying to decifer Gobo Projection in Vectorworks to no level of success. I figure this is a Renderworks topic, because you need it to do gobo projection.

Is there a special library somewhere with Projector Instruments in it ? The manual references how to insert a lighting instrument, but no manufacturers symbols seem to have the Gobo1 and Gobo 2 dialogs anywhere.

I am drawing a blank here. I used to know how to do this, but that was a while back, and I have forgotten.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew,

You can go to the edit instrument window and you can select gobos, fog,and set a focus point for the instrument. Be sure to check turn light on. Also I had problems because I forgot to set a Z height for the unit and had the unit on the floor!!! You can also set intensity and color in that same window.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks. Your reply made me think to make the symbol active first, and then insert it. I was simply dragging the symbol into the drawing, and that doesn't give you all the options in the Object Info palette that the Spotlight Insertion Tool does.

its the little things..... ; )

thanks.