Exporting Viewports

Ed Doyle

Question

I have a problem with hatches when i export viewports to autocad. When i open the autocad export the computer crashes as the hatches scale down and the drawing is quite large. Is there a reason for this, or can i fix it. When the drawing is exported from the design layer there is no problems.....but obviously the paper space and title block hasn't been imported.

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When exporting from a sheet layer Design Layers are not rescaled - as a result 11.5 exported some of the hatches with wrong scale. This problem was fixed in 12.0, but if you are using VW12 and you still see it, then please send the mcd document directly to me.

If you are using an earlier version, there is a workaround - at first save your VW doc using different name to avoid undesirable problems in the original drawing, check what is the viewport's scale on the sheet layer which you want to export, then go and edit each Hatch definition - set the hatch scale factor same as the viewport's scale (use Apply to All Levels). After this change document should be exported correctly.

HTH

Nina Ivanova

Software Development

Nemetschek

nivanova@nemetschek.bg