problem running 9.5

bhorowitz

Question

I've sucessfully updated to Vectorworks Spotlight 9.5. When trying to load the program, I get a message saying 'Can't find MSL C++.PPC.DLL Rel. I've got some similar extentions, but nothing exactly like this. I've had no problems with Spotlight 9.0.1. I'm running a Mac Powerbook 266Mz with OS 8.6. I've looked all over for this extention, with no luck. Any ideas where I can find it? Or can someone email it to me at bhorowitz@earthlink.net? Thanks confused.gif" border="0

6 answers to this question

Your problem sounds similar to one we had during betas of 9.5.0 where you updated a 9.0.1 copy that had RenderWorks installed, but did not enter a RW number during the 9.5.0 update. If you remove the Renderworks file that is in the same folder as your 9.5.0 application, can you launch?

If so, you'll need to re-run the updater to get a 9.5.0 with RenderWorks (you don't need to download again, just run the updater). Also, could post here and I'll add to the improvements list for the next updater version?

Regards,Sean

Hi Sean;I've tried to re-install without RW, and get the same result. There were no RW files in the 9.5 folder. The only RW file I found, aside from the PDF help file is the library extension. The extension seems to be the 9.0.1 version. I have no problem with RW showing up in Spotlight 9.0.1. Should I try the full download as opposed to the Web Downloader?

Thanks