Rasterized Printing- messy prints

Bernd von Klebelsberg

Question

Dear Katie,

thanks for your prompt reply,few postings below. Our problems seem to occur after importing a VW 9.5 document and is possibly connected with custom papersize preferences.

If i create a new document out of Vectorworks 10.5.1 the rasterizing printing method works well. So does printing as a postscript file. After converting the ps file to pdf via Preview, you get the correct sight. Printing instead of filing is ok also.

Imported 9.5 files are printable in the normal not rasterized method via postrscipt printer without problems. Trying to print the imported file in the rasterized method creates problems with some custom paper sizes. The print you get hours later is a kind of colourstriped paper. This procedure causes also some kind of damage to the basic vectorworks file and you will never get a correct print (out of the rasterizing method) If you create a new This is a real problem for us, we couldnt solve this problem until now.

In our office we are using 26 times Vector Works 10.5.1and 22 times Nemetschek Allplan.

We testet the printing procedure with Mac9.2.2 twice without problems. Probs are coming up with MacOS 10.3.2.

What I think is you should have a look to the custom papersize preferences in the OS library folders and to the same thing included in the VW document.

We really hope that there will be any solution.

B. v. Klebelsberg

2 answers to this question

I am not clear of the problem.

VectorWorks does not "write" the page sizes including custom page sizes. That is all in the printer driver - controlled by the OS.

If you have a drawing created before VW 10.0.1 (i think that's the version), print data is stored in the VW files which can cause problems. If these same files are opened in VW 10.5.0 or later, the print data is reset and not stored. This was to fix a problem happening on Mac OS 10 with prints crashing.

Can you please explain the exact problem a little more clearly?

Thanks.