SL10

SAR

I just started working with Spotlight 10 and noticed that updating instrument information when a twofer is used is extremely slow as compared with 9.5. This occurred when updating channel,color,template info. etc. It also takes a very long time to convert 9.5 drawings to 10. Everything else seems great so far, and the new features are a welcome addition.

Thanks

Steve Ross

• 2 weeks later...

I've also noticed the same lag, but it also happens when I try to drag an drop items using the smart points. The time between clicking on something and then picking it up to move it the lag allows the cursor to move off the smart point and you end up grabbing a different part of the object. I end up having to hover, hold for a second and watch the cursor to make sure I have what I want. Have you noticed this as well?

Bill Zeilstra

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed the same lag when attempting to move a light. I have to click, hold the mouse steady for a moment, then move. There seems to be a delay during which SL10 retrieves the database info for the unit in question. If I move the mouse before I see the unit info in the Object Info dialog, it will not move the light. If I wait until the info has appeared in the dialog, it moves no problem. There seems to be a similar problem when typing fields into the object info dialog.

I type the first field, press tab (which selects the next field).

Type the next field (for instance: the purpose "FNT DL")

The result is that the first letter appears in the second field, there is a delay, and then the field highlights, and the rest of the field overwrites the first letter, leaving the result "NT DL"

All of these problems are occuring on a G4 Tower with 512M Ram that ran 9.5.3 just fine.