Table and Chairs Tool suggestion

dfekety

Question

The table and chairs tool is great, and being in the special events business I use it on a regular basis. I do have one suggestion/request though. It would be a great addition or actually subtraction in this case if it were possible to add chairs to just a single side of a table. The problem that I run into is in laying out corporate meetings, press events, and conferences where the focus is in one particular direction, I may need 4 chairs at a table but only on the side that is facing the stage. Would it be possible to add a check box to toggle between a symetrical and asymetrical positioning of the chairs around the table. With that addition it would then also be helpful to be able to select an odd number of chairs for the ends and sides in addition to the even selections that are already available. Thank you for making such a great product.

2 answers to this question

While we're on this topic I would find it greatly useful to have a "chair" PIO.

This would place a chair of various sorts appropriate for office, event, theatrical and residential. The chairs that ship with the program are a little dated (I think some were introduced in MC 3). Maybe they could be updated in the context of this tool.

A logical extension of this concept would be a "lounge/sofa" PIO. Between these additions and the existing desk, table and cabinets all sorts of residential furniture and most office furniture would be available.

To really clean my clock a "file cabinet" PIO that allowed me to set width, depth, height and # of drawers would be like a dream come true.

Thanks for the ones we already have-keep them coming.