Show points preference globally for nurbs curves

tom kyler_dup1

Question

4 answers to this question

Propstuff, "show vertices" option doesn't exist for nurbs curves, just surfaces. The number and placement of verticies is crucial to getting nurbs and those connect/combine surfaces to work properly. It would be great to be able to snap to verticies on curves if I could see all of them at once, that's what I'd like to be able to do.

quote:

Originally posted by tom kyler:

It would be nice to have a preference to "show points" for nurbs CURVES

I'll try reading a bit more carefully next time Tom. ;-)

quote:

It would be great to be able to snap to verticies on curves if I could see all of them at once, that's what I'd like to be able to do.

In fact snapping anywhere on curves would be a bonus. Trying to do Lofting along a Rail means getting the loft profiles and the Rail curve to intersect exactly, and mostly they won't snap to each other.

Even the work-around of attaching 3D Loci to each curve in the correct spot and trying to get the Loci to snap to each other is unreliable. :-(

cheers,

N.

[ 06-18-2004, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: propstuff ]

This might be a issue for Biplab. In other nurbs applications, the nurbs curves have a control point, and a "knot" or interpolated point which is on the curve itself. Creating curves using control points is a little more intuitive than using interpolated points, but to "create surface from curves" requires that U and V curves intersect at interpolated points if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, then drawing curves using control points and having the interpolated points show on the curve (to snap to) would be helpful for creating successful U-V curve networks for creating surfaces.