How Do I pull the Patch for my GDTF Fixtures into Vision

Phoxyr

Question

Hi

All of my GDTF Fixtures do not appear in the patch window in Vision, thought they are present in the Scene Graph. The GDTF Fixture mode is also set correctly.
How do I pull that patch into vision?

Additionally all Light information settings I programmed in Vectorworks (Pan, Tilt, Beam Angle, ...) Are reverted to default settings in Vision.
Any way to solve that?

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently its not possible to patch GDTF fixtures in Vision.

The 2 easiest ways to do this are to patch them in Spotlight using the DMX patch command, which provides a console style patching interface or to use a console that supports MVR.
Once you have patched them use an MVR export to merge the patch into Vision.

Ah, that's quit annoying. Is it Spotlight that doesn't export the GDTF patch or is it vision that can't read it?

Could I export the MVR from spotlight and use it with a different visualizer? Would that work or would I have the same problem?

Alright I've patched some lights Using the DMX patch command but nothing is appearing in Vision, how do I merge these documents.

I can't find a way to export a v3p file from spotlight to import as a patch in Vision.