Twinmotion DirectLink Not Working on Mac in Educational VWX

Braden Graves

Question

Hi all,

I have been using directlink for years on windows and have never had any issues. Recently, I was teaching a Twinmotion workshop at USITT and many users had difficulty with the directlink. 

I do not know what version of VWX they had installed but the common thread was that they were all Mac users and I believe were all using educational licenses since they are theatre faculty.

They were able to get around by exporting FBX but would really like to be able to use Direct Link. Any advice?

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 4/19/2024 at 12:58 PM, Braden Graves said:

Hi all,

I have been using directlink for years on windows and have never had any issues. Recently, I was teaching a Twinmotion workshop at USITT and many users had difficulty with the directlink. 

I do not know what version of VWX they had installed but the common thread was that they were all Mac users and I believe were all using educational licenses since they are theatre faculty.

They were able to get around by exporting FBX but would really like to be able to use Direct Link. Any advice?

Hello @Braden Graves we fixed a bug in Vectorworks 2024 Update 4 where the Datasmith Direct Link tool (connecting VW with Twinmotion) wasn't enabled for EDU version.  If they were on Vectorworks 2024 they could update to Update 4.