Worksheet Function in Data Visualization

I would like to create a data visualization that overrides the color of a tag based on the information displayed in a data tag field, as the tags have no other link to the objects for them to be visually overridden.  There does not seem to be an option that allows you to utilize worksheet functions for a data visualization.

Screenshot2024-04-16102818.png.d59d882c57663dbefae02a7b661c3461.png

image.png.f713dccac713cc4ea773229cb30ca25d.png

You can attach a Record to a Data Tag then use the 'Link to Data Source' function in the tag to send data that the tag is picking up from the associated object to a Record field which then allows you to colour the tag using Data Vis. If that makes sense... And if I've understood what you want to do correctly...

@Tom W. I've played with all of the settings for a little while and I can't seem to get them to link the way that I think they should.  I have a boolean check box for "Existing" conditions that we want to represent with a data visualization as grey.  Ideally, it works both ways where from editing the tag info or editing the object you could check the box and it would be synchronized both ways.

image.png.b21a7dba66f1632fc60fff78d7fed1bb.png

What am I doing wrong?

6 minutes ago, garrettohler said:

@Tom W. I've played with all of the settings for a little while and I can't seem to get them to link the way that I think they should.  I have a boolean check box for "Existing" conditions that we want to represent with a data visualization as grey.  Ideally, it works both ways where from editing the tag info or editing the object you could check the box and it would be synchronized both ways.

image.png.b21a7dba66f1632fc60fff78d7fed1bb.png

What am I doing wrong?

Can you post a simple file with an object + a tag? One thing I'd say is that you don't need 'Link to calculated/user-entered field' to be checked, only 'Link to data source'.

Also, from your first post I thought you were looking for a way to use Data Vis to colour your tags based on field data from the tagged object. This requires a dedicated Record be attached to the Data Tag the sole purpose of which is to allow you to colour the tag itself. So you take data attached to the tagged object + send it to the Record attached to the Data Tag. In your screenshot you are sending the data back to the object. Which is fine but not what I thought you were trying to do...