Door Trim

I have a model where I have input a bunch of doors and windows in walls not knowing the trim config ahead.  Now I know what I want to use on the doors (no trim on windows) and when I go to a door and click on the settings/trim tab only the Exterior box is available to check, the Interior and all its settings are grayed out.  Also when I check the exterior trim box none of its parameters can be changed.  Does this have to be set through the symbol in the resource browser?

Without seeing the file it is hard to say, but it sounds like you might have a Door Style where those unaccessible parameters are controlled by the Style rather than by the Instance.

If this is the case you should be able to edit the Style and either make the change there (which will cause it to be applied to all the Doors using that style) or you can set those parameters to be by instance so you can change them for each Door. You can edit the style either from the Resource Manager or from the Edit Style option under the Style button in the OIP.

In the screen shot of the Door Style dialog box The Interior Trim is set to be By Style (curvy arrow) and the Exterior Trim is set to be By Instance (multiple sliders).  Click on the icon to switch to the other setting.

image.png.3a8fd76d0fe374976181b3ed3bf4ad8c.png

• Like 1

Yeah...I went to the RM and found the symbol then altered its settings there and Whalla! (or however you spell that).  Interestingly though, I chose the interior and exterior both in the RM but for each instance in the file I had to select them and individually set the exterior to show up.

Thanks.