Workgroup files not detected after pc restart

Nora

Question

Hiya,

I'm just starting to look into workgroups to help streamline stuff in the office, but I've just discorvered that every time (on multiple computers) that restarting my pc vectorowrks will 'forget' files in the workgroup.

For instance my templates (the only files in the workgroup so far) are normally:

ScreenShot2024-04-11at10_17_22AM.png.c3b0a3da33a78fe63a6941e8ab785ba9.png

but upon restarting my pc it will only show 1 or two templates randomly.

ScreenShot2024-04-11at10_15_10AM.png.5d66445e493445589e6feca1d08fb752.png

Restarting just Vectorworks does not have this problem, and I have seen it on my pc and a coworkers.

is there a fix for this? am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Nora

2 answers to this question

My guess would be that the drive the workgroup folder is on is getting mounted differently when you restart the computer. This means that the path that VW is looking for to the WG folder is not present.

What is the path shown in VW Preference:User Folders for the workgroup folder?  And what is the path when you locate the folder in Windows Explorer?

Alternately, if you have VW set to automatically start when you reboot the computer it is possible that VW is starting before the drive with the Workgroup Folder is mounting.

Good Luck.

In the preferences the pathe is /volumes/Resources/CAD/Vectorworks/Toulouse Workgroup,

in Finder its smb://x/Resources/CAD/Vectorworks/Toulouse Workgroup, with x being the server address

Vectorworks is not set to open automatically.