Render Map Type in symbols

Hey,

So i have a vast library of symbols. I never did care about the rendering when creating these symbols, but I have spent some time lately trying to get nicer looks.

When starting to add textures to the symbols i do so from a class perspective, but noting really happens. I figured out that is because the Map type is for most part set to "Surface UV", this does not work for my symbols. So i need to change them all.

Is there a way to change the Map type of several symbols at once?

And why is not the mapping something one can also master from a class perspective?

Since I'm new to this I most likely get this wrong, but if it was possible to set mapping to "Class Style", most is accurate right of the bat, and one can alter the odd ones later on.

Hi Stefan --

This sure sounds like something you ought to be able to achieve by scripting. Good opportunity for diving into Vectorscript, perhaps? Sorry to say, this is far from my strong suit, but there's a useful introduction to scripting in Vectorworks (both Vectorscript and Python) here:

https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/scorm/player.php?a=348&currentorg=articulate_rise&scoid=696

There are several functions for SetTexMap that I think are what you want, but I have not used them, so I can't really comment on how they work.

Can you post a VWX file with a sample of one of your symbols with the incorrect map and then a duplicate that you have manually changed the map on?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

There are several functions for SetTexMap that I think are what you want, but I have not used them, so I can't really comment on how they work.

Super! The naming was not too intuitive. Then i make a go and try scripting this up. :)