Landscape Area style not importing plant information when applied to landscape area

When I create a landscape area from a polyline (using create objects from shapes), and then apply a landscape area style to it, the style applies, but the plant information does not import.  If I create a landscape area from scratch and select the landscape area style from the outset using the landscape area tool, then the plant information is imported.  This is very inconvenient when I have a layout drawing which I want to create a planting plan.  

Any tips?  Am I doing something wrong? The landscape style seems to be set up correctly and obviously works in some situations. 

thanks

Helen 

Vwx 2024

Screenshot2024-03-19at12_49_51.thumb.png.d4c2e875be6e602c1cdfd9657b4088ab.pngScreenshot2024-03-19at12_50_21.thumb.png.ecdfc32d5a7df92a00dca5a54274d21b.png

40 minutes ago, Tamsin Slatter said:

Hi Helen
It looks like your plant properties are set to "By Instance". If you change them to "By Style" does that improve things?

I have worked out how to alter that (and where that property was shown) and you are correct - that does make it import the plant information in correctly - thanks very much!