Plant spread not the same as actual size on plan

Hi, 

I noticed that some plants are off when comparing their size on plan vs spread size in OIP. Usually this discrepancy is insignificant. But just recently uploaded a plant from VW library, no modifications done and it's way off... See picture below. I can not find a reason behind. May be someone has any insights on this discrepancy?

image.thumb.png.3660babccf3ed627d25fac903bd334a8.png

This is due to poor construction methods used draw the 2D symbol.

Whomever created it used a funky polyline with "arc vertex" fitting instead using a simple circle to represent the canopy.

When vectorworks symbols are created, their bounding box reflects the extents of the object's geometry, which in this case are vertices far from the edge of the object, which is not immediately apparent due to the aforementioned vertex mode.

You can fix this when you run into it by changing the geometry.  I recommend keeping your own file of plant symbols rather than rely on the built in Vectorworks ones due to issue such as this experienced over the years.

• Like 2