Help with site model

Hi Guys,

I am new to this program, and this was my first go at a site plan for a project I am doing. I used a mixture of modifiers for the paving area, mostly aligned to hit a grade point that I want the water runoff to get to before it hits the detention pond. This may have been a mistake as I am finding that they always need to be updated. I also used a few 3D polys in one driveway entrance, and they seem to work well for dual slopes, but they do not seem to show texture for some reason. Another issue I am running into is that basically any driveway connection to a road needs to have a radius where I'm located to meet the code, and there does not seem to be a way to do this with site modifiers. Is everyone else using 3d polys to do this? The last problem that I have encountered is that I have moved my grade limits just outside of the pond overflow to the north, and now Vectorworks continuously crashes every time I try to update my site model. I can't seem to find the problem, although it may not be that area that is triggering the crash, as this is my first model, and it was not done with a consistent workflow. Any help would be appreciated. 

Paul

Debug.vwx

Hi Jonathan, 

I used an aligned hardscape for much of the driveway slab. It worked all right, but it seemed like it might not have been the ideal modifier for what I was doing, as the adjacent slabs continuously throw errors asking to be re-aligned. I have seen that there is the possibility to edit the modifier with an aligned modifier, but I haven't found any good videos showing how, and haven't been able to do much when entering that view. There are four of them touching to have the slope needed to get to the low-grade point, so perhaps that is the issue.  I was having success with the 3D polys as modifiers, as I could set a stake object at the height needed and connect the poly to it, and it worked well for the detention pond and outfall.  Unfortunately, I'm still stumped on how the grad limits modifier is now continually crasing the program.