Command-Arrows buggy switching between layers (not in all files) - SOLVED

E|FA

Question

I have an issue where the Command-Up/Down arrows are not switching between Layers properly.  Sometimes it skips some Layers, and I just noticed it toggling between the last active Sheet Layer and the last active Deign Layer.  I do not have any filters applied to the Design or Sheet Layer palettes.  Command-Left/Right is working properly to move between Classes.  I created a new test file with 4 Design Layers and 4 Sheet Layers, and Command-Up/Down worked properly as expected.  

Does anyone have any repair or troubleshooting recommendations?  Is this a job for VW Tech Support?

VW Layer Navigation.png

VW Arrow Keys.png

Edited by E|FA

1 answer to this question

Answering my own question for anyone interested.  As soon as I posted, I reread the screenshot from the help system.  It says "If you select a filter from the Layers list in the View bar".  It does not refer to the filter in the Navigation Palette.  I never realized the View bar filter was there and always relied on the filters in the palette.  Somehow I had inadvertently set the recently opened filter in the View bar.  When I changed that back to "All Layers" everything was "fixed".  User error.

If anyone in the documentation team reads this, I recommend adding a clarification that it is only the filter in the View bar that affects command-arrow behavior, not the very similar filter in the navigation palette.

Palette Filter.png

Nav bar Filter.png