Section Lines

Sun ShineSet

Question

10 answers to this question

Copying that section line to another file doesn't pose any problems. However, all sections in this particular file are experiencing the same issue, causing considerable frustration. Once I switch to "use gapped line," there's no turning back, and the sections start pointing in the opposite direction.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 minutes ago, Sun ShineSet said:

Copying that section line to another file doesn't pose any problems. However, all sections in this particular file are experiencing the same issue, causing considerable frustration. Once I switch to "use gapped line," there's no turning back, and the sections start pointing in the opposite direction.

So once you select "Use gapped line" the direction changes and deselecting the option doe not return it back?

Is there a way you can send me the file via private message or some other method?

You could try the following to trim it down in size first:

Make a copy of the file and in the copy:

1. Turn off the following document preferences:
    • Save viewport cache
    • Save VGM graphics cache
    • Save site model cache
  2. Run the purge command to delete all unused resources, etc.
  3. Check to make sure the problem still exists in the file.
  4. Save

If the file is still huge, you could delete some layers but I'd rather you not go too far with that because something somewhere might be causing the issue somehow.

Following the configuration adjustments and file cleanup, the document size stands at 772 MB, with certain sections remaining unchanged. Should I also forward the reference files? These encompass two buildings, a 3D site, and other connections to the primary file.

Where should I send it?

Edited by Sun ShineSet
7 hours ago, Sun ShineSet said:

Following the configuration adjustments and file cleanup, the document size stands at 772 MB, with certain sections remaining unchanged. Should I also forward the reference files? These encompass two buildings, a 3D site, and other connections to the primary file.

Where should I send it?

No need for the reference file.  You can send the file by clicking on my name by my avatar.  That will take you to my profile page where you should see a message option.  If it has a problem with that large of a file, let me know and we can find another way.

Thank you!

On 2/16/2024 at 1:52 PM, Sun ShineSet said:

Where should I send it?

OK, I received the file you sent.  Thank you.

There were two issues you mentioned (in Vectorworks 2023 SP8):

1. The section line marker direction being incorrectly rotated 180º.:  I did not report a bug on this because I could not reproduce the issue from a section line in a good state.  However, I do find that editing the section line style, making no changes, and clicking OK causes all section lines of that style to reset in the file and corrects the issue.
  2. You mentioned the fills of cut objects are not showing in some section viewports: While I do not have any fixes for this, I did submit a Bug report (VB-202383) for it.  I will mention that Vectorworks 2024 does a better job showing more fills with the file but it looks like some slabs still are not getting fills.