2 wishes-text, workspace editor

krw

Question

1) I used to be able to (in vw 9.5) go to the format text window and type in the beginning of the font name and vw would automatically go to the name. For example I type "f" and vw scrolls to the first font that begins with "f". This does not happen anymore in vw 10. Please bring this feature back.

2) In the workspace editor, in vw 9.5, if a shortcut is already being used vw tells me which comand is using the shortcut. VW 10 does not do this. It just says the shortcut is unavailable. I like knowing where the shotcut is being used because then I can determine if it is a shortcut for a command I rarely use and delete it from that command without having to search through the entire list of tools and commands. Please bring this feature back.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

<< 2) In the workspace editor, in vw 9.5, if a shortcut is already being used vw tells me which comand is using the shortcut. VW 10 does not do this. It just says the shortcut is unavailable. >>

In the same vein, it would be nice if the WS Editor would also ask "Do you want to reassign the shortcut?" This would eliminate the need to manually remove it from the current command and return to assign it to the new command.

Raymond

quote:

Originally posted by krw:

... In the workspace editor, in vw 9.5, if a shortcut is already being used vw tells me which comand is using the shortcut. VW 10 does not do this. It just says the shortcut is unavailable. ...

That sounds familiar. I remember having that problem. Could it be an early release of version 10 that didn't identify the tool that already uses the shortcut? All I can say for sure is that version 10.1.0 on Windows 2000 doesn't have the problem.