Space or Room symbol count

Is there a way for me to add a filter to a worksheet or equipment summary key that will only count the symbols that exist within a Space Object? I have about 34 separate rooms with a slightly different layout in each room, and would like to have a worksheet or equipment summary key filter out all the gear I have within each room independently. 

Yes.  The criteria is LOCATION.  When you use Location the choices are "is within" and "is not within" and then you will see a list of possibilities.

By default the space objects will have a UUID # that is I think 16 hexadecimals inside curly brackets.  If you click on a space object that same UUID will be in the Name field at the very very bottom of the OIP.  You can change that to something more human readable and that new name will appear in the criteria list.

If you want to go the other way and your space objects have names in the Space Name field, then you can use the call =GetSpaceNameforObj in the database header row and it will return the room name for all the spaces that object is contained within, separated by a comma.

• Like 3

So, I'm not sure if I just am filling out the formula incorrectly, or if I'm running into a bug. I cannot seem to get the =GetSpaceNameforOBJ function to work within a report. I can filter a report with that criteria, and it works just fine, but I cannot seem to get that same data to appear within the spreadsheet itself. Am I just using the wrong context within the spreadsheet?

Screenshot 2024-01-16 201854.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 203125.png