How do I delete spurious cables?

kevin.hayward

Question

I've got a fairly complex sports venue; 14 floor distros, 62 small distros on truss, 262 lights.

That's a lot of cables.

To facilitate cable naming, I have a worksheet with cable start, end, and cable name which I can enter more easily. The problem is, every time I open the drawing (or save) I get error messages that thing is already connected to other thing and do I want to delete stuff, which I have. But I kept finding duplicate connections in my worksheet.

So, at my wits' end, I 'magic wand'-ed all the cables and deleted them. It's a pain in the butt to redraw so many cables but at least I ought to have a clean drawing, yes? Heck no. Even after recalculating the worksheet, there are still over fifty entries in the worksheet.

If I right click on the entry and 'selct item', the OIP remains empty, there's nothing selected. Del key does nothing (in the sense that after recalculating the worksheet, the spurious entries remain), Edit>Clear does nothing, deleting the worksheet and recreating it does nothing as the new worksheet has those spurious entries, purging does nothing.

Surely, if I delete a cable (which I find I have to do as cables are one of VW's many 'fire and forget' drawing objects; ie forget about editing cables, it's way easier to start from scratch) there should be no remaining info about said cable in the drawing.

So, how do I ensure that deleted cables leave no orphan data in a drawing? How do I get rid of the orphan data that's there now?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet