Batch edit plant symbols/data fields

Amanda McDermott

Question

Hello,

I've tweaked a tree symbol and want to apply those 2D graphics to various (but not necessarily all) my different tree species symbols, without having to edit each one. I know I can go into the settings of each and 'copy from symbol', but would like to do that as a batch, there are dozens! Similarly, some of them have e.g. shadows ticked and others don't, also there is inconsistency in some of the data fields which affects reporting e.g. 'Tree' or 'Trees' - I want to make it consistent without having to edit each individually.

I'd like to just shift-select the ones I want in the Resource Manger and be able to edit certain things about them without affecting other settings.

I have a script that @Katarina Ollikainen kindly gave me, to allow batch editing the settings for things like tick size, but doesn't work for editing the 2D graphic. It also does affect every plant, whereas sometimes I want to affect a large group, but not all (e.g. all the trees but not the perennials)

@Marketa Hermova can this be done and I'm missing something?!

2 answers to this question