Stake object to top of hardscape

col clipper

I wish to show finished levels of the top of hardscape at certain points.

The only option for a stake object appears to be Mode 'Set elev to site model' which then only indicates the height to the underside of the hardcape object (if hardscape set to cut site model).

The results appear to be the same if I use Mode 'Site modifier object"

Is there a way to set or offset the stake object to the top of the hardscape thereby showing the hardscape finished level ?

Perhaps a workaround ??

I would prefer not to use the stake as a 2D/3D object only to show the hardscape level as this 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@col clipper Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm going to discuss this internally to see how we can improve this behavior. In the meantime, if you set the Stake Objects to "Set as 2D/3D graphic" > right-click > Send to Surface and then select Hardscape instead of Site Model, it will follow the top of the Hardscape object. You just need to make sure if any changes occur you resend the Stake Objects to the surface of the Hardscape.
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 11.48.23 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-13 at 11.46.16 AM.png

• Like 4