drape count difference

Hi everyone,

I have a drawing with three curtains of the same length (9mtr). One of them is a hanging curtain, one is a pipe and drape with a slider of 0.85-1.75mtr. and the last one is a pipe and drape with sliders 1.8-3mtr.

All of them have the same drape width (2800), and all of them have the same minimum overlap (1000). But for some reasom all three have a different drape count, the curtain has 5 drapes, the shorter slider P&D has 6 drapes, and the P&D with longer sliders has 4 drapes.

This makes no sense to me, shouldn't the drape count be based on the length, and therefore with the same width and overlap has the same drape count??

thanks for explaining this to me,

Peter

drape count test.vwx

A small update. I at least found where the difference comes from. The pipe and drape tool places drapes per slider, not for the overall length of the stretch of pipe and drape. That sounds like something I should be able to adapt, because obviously I would want the drape count for the overall length, not for every individual slider.

Edited by Peter Telleman