Data Tag Scaling Issues

nicovlogg

Question

Having a weird, repeating, frustrating issue with data tags (specifically window and door tags)

They are scaling, on their own, at random. They scale from 0 to 1 whenever I do any of the following actions inside a viewport:

Undo

Delete

Rotate

Adding new tags

etc.

I have tried 'locking' the scale using the symbol override but it makes no difference. Any help would be appreciated - this means that every single publish of my sheets has 'missing' (actually just really really small) data tags. The video shows how adding a tag, deleting a tag, or rotating will cause the scale of existing tags to change. 

6 answers to this question

On 11/30/2023 at 2:27 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @nicovlogg,

In the attached screen recording I am not seeing any scaling issues. Am I missing something?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Look carefully. The tags are there, they are just tiny. As soon as I do an action, they blow back up to normal size. When I leave the sheet and go to another, they shrink down again (sometimes). 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 12/1/2023 at 6:17 PM, nicovlogg said:

Look carefully. The tags are there, they are just tiny. As soon as I do an action, they blow back up to normal size. When I leave the sheet and go to another, they shrink down again (sometimes). 

- Still not seeing anything changing size. I think I might see some small tags on the doors on the right but I cannot tell for sure since you are not selecting anything there. Have you tried using the World Based option in the data tag to see if this helps? If not, can you share the test file from the video?

6 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- Still not seeing anything changing size. I think I might see some small tags on the doors on the right but I cannot tell for sure since you are not selecting anything there. Have you tried using the World Based option in the data tag to see if this helps? If not, can you share the test file from the video?

Alright, I've made a new video for you that shows it clearly. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@nicovlogg Thanks! This makes more sense to me now 🙂 You are using data tags inside of symbols. This hides the risk of the known issue to get your data tags scaled because symbols are not like normal objects. There is a fix for this in VW 2022 or VW 2023 (I can check for the exact version if you want me to do so) which allows you to make your data tags World Based, which means that they will not get scaled if they are placed inside of symbols.

6 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

@nicovlogg Thanks! This makes more sense to me now 🙂 You are using data tags inside of symbols. This hides the risk of the known issue to get your data tags scaled because symbols are not like normal objects. There is a fix for this in VW 2022 or VW 2023 (I can check for the exact version if you want me to do so) which allows you to make your data tags World Based, which means that they will not get scaled if they are placed inside of symbols.

OK, thank you. Unfortunately I need to work in 2021 so that solution won't help me.