Lagging (slow response) in v2023 SP7 in macOS 14.1 on M2 Pro

KenAB94662

Question

The response lag is about half second. It's very consistent. When compared to my previous v2020 in macOS 11.7, I'm now doing things faster than the computer, which should not be the case. I work very quick with lots of keyboard shortcuts, but v2020 was a tool. Now I have to wait for processing to complete. It's been over a month after upgrading everything and three complete projects to get used to it. But I cannot get used to the lag.

Outside of Vectorworks, everything is blazing quick and instantaneous as it should be. The M2 Pro is greased lighting — boots up in a split sec, loads apps faster than anything I've ever had. I'm also on fiber Internet at 370/370 Mbps and 4ms latency. File transfers online are sometimes quicker than my external SSD.

So it's only a problem with Vectorworks, and apparently only with v2023.

What adjustments am I missing?

1 answer to this question

From the other discussion about flickering, could this be related to compatibility of Vectorworks v2023 SP7 with macOS 14?

I feel so unlucky. I stayed in v2020 due to incompatibility with macOS newer than 11 Big Sur — stayed until September 2023, suffered an older version of Xcode, FCP, etc. Then, after saving some money, I dived in with huge payments for Vectorworks v2024 along with new hardware and macOS 14. But it was only to find v2024 so raw and undeveloped that I had to install v2023 instead.

Now, as seemingly mature as v2023 SP7 is, it's still problematic in macOS 14.

I suppose this is the cost of the bleeding edge technology.