ConnectCAD block sizes

Jeff G

Working in VW 2024 with ConnectCAD and Spotlight.  I'm having an issue with the size of my circuit blocks, specifically terminal panels and connector panels.  They are all massive compared to the rest of the blocks.  When I want to create a 48 port data patch panel, the spacing is very big and it doesn't fit within my drawing border.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Screenshot 2023-11-10 100703.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Jeff G,

This sounds like Snap Grid scaling issue. In ConnectCAD we scale the objects based on the Snap Grid settings so that they are independent on the layer scale. The first time you use a tool it imports it required symbols scaled based on the current Snap Grid. So, if you have changed your snap grid after creating some objects the new ones that were not created before would be with different scale than the first ones. That is why we do not recommend changing the snap grid in the middle of the project. How to fix this? You have to decide which snap grid settings you prefer and then you can recreate your objects to match this snap grid. If you do not want to delete the objects you can just delete the symbols that they use entirely and then move the objects so that they reset and import the required symbols in the current snap grid scaling.

Let me know if you need any help with this.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
14 hours ago, Jeff G said:

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov-

I'm still having some issues with this and can't get things to scale correctly even after changing ConnectCAD settings.  I uninstalled VW, reinstalled, created a fresh file, and the issue still came up without changing the grid or snap grid settings.

- Can you send me a file with the scaling issues so that I can look into it?