pocket door

ddcpe

Trying to insert a pocket door in a wall but the handle (insertion point?) is off to the left about the width of the leaf.  Any idea why?  Can't see anywhere to set that distance.  Seems absolutely stupid that it functions this way.  Though the screen snip doesn't show it the handle is in that faint box surrounded by the four little greyed out icons.  Those only appeared when I did the snip.  When working with the door its a little black cross and is where my cursor is.

image.png.711d01a72674afe187d7ed5ba75a97ea.png

You need to toggle the Align Object modes for the tool (keyboard shortcut O):

Screenshot2023-10-15at09_24_00.png.a2c95b0cadb91b9f908e460ef9790afc.png

I think the insertion point is way off the side like that because the PIO contains within it left + right leaf directions although you only see one of them at any one time. It means you can insert the door with it set to left leaf direction when you actually want it set to right + change it to right after the fact. Should you want to.

But just toggle to a different align mode.

I tried all that but to no avail.  I tried all sorts of combinations left, right, in, and out but there is no way to get the handle to be on the left, on the jamb, on the operable side.  No combination would work and always for that desired handle location it would be offset to the left.  I also noticed that the center insertion mode puts the handle in the center of the operable leaf (opening) not in the center of the assembly.  As an engineer I usually have the RO for the assembly and all I really care about is how big the RO is so I can detail accordingly.  For me the door is just paint.

Thanks again.