Custom Arrow Heads

KIT KOLLMEYER

Question

I'd love to be able to make my own arrow head styles for annotation. For instance, this arrow head that indicates sheathing direction. Also, when we show a joist in a floor framing plan, I could have little hangar symbols at the end of each line. I can think of lots of good uses for a little feature like that.

Thanks

Kit

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 1.12.50 PM.png

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Depending on what you want it to look like, you can.  In the Attributes palette, click on the end marker drop down and select custom.  See attached settings screenshot and sample file.  I also attached a different approach to framing plans using symbols that lets you resize the group, keeping the small circle unchanged.  It could be improved by replacing the end marker symbols with the custom arrow markers.  

CustomFramingMarker.png.2be395ad0add27ed828eca4fbcfbdf68.pngFraming End Tick.vwx

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 1

Thanks Allan! I like the symbol approach, that's cool. I've played with the edit marker and don't quite get where I need to be sometimes, like the one highlighted in blue in my screenshot.

I was thinking it would be cool if you could make your own symbol to use as a custom leader marker on callouts or any other tool that uses arrow heads.