Class Editing Function

Robert Fakelmann

Question

Since I have switched to VW2024 I have encountered 2 problems regarding classes and filters.

First problem: I am unable to access the hierarchical display which normally appears below the class pulldown list when editing plug-in objects like windows and doors. There is no icon to click on and, as a result, I am unable to change classes when editing. For example: (see screenshot 01) I am wanting to edit a door style and the window classes, or some other set of classes shows in the pull-down list. The search is to no avail nor are the filters available.

Second problem: When I wish to edit classes in the organization palette the filters do not match the classes as originally set up. (see screenshot 02) Everything seems to be in sync in the object info palette, but outside of that the class editing is not functioning properly. It occurs in all files. I backdated a few files and the class editing works fine in 2023.

If I am missing something simple, some setting I’ve overlooked, or any other obvious solution, I would welcome any comments. I would prefer not to do a reinstall as I have so many files, data, etc. updated.

Thank you,

VW 2024

ASUS ROG ZEPHYSYRUS/ Core i9 - 11900H @ 2.50 GHz/ 16 GB RAM/ NVidia GeForce RTX 3060

Windows 11 Home/

Dell - S2718HN 27" IPS LED FHD Monitor

Screenshot 01.jpg

Screenshot 02.jpg

2 answers to this question