gable wall

Sylwia K-G

Question

hi gablewall.thumb.png.80e242db2576f47cfc1f13b972569b63.png3dgablewall.thumb.png.3b0b7385011ab76218613f42e3fa0c93.png

I am not working from vectorworks long ( just has started) and I cant solve my problem. Tried youtube etc. - nothing 😞

How I can to update / create / split a roof for a partly gable wall.  Means main roof need have a gable but garage roof is a problem because it is one surface so I can not use edit roof settings / edit edge shape tool. 

Hopefully the attached drawings will explain my problem

thanks for any help

5 answers to this question

That Roof Plan doesn’t seem to match the model.

Based on the sketch over the model, I would cut the left roof back to the ridge of the right roof.  Then I would extend the right roof to fill the space indicated by your sketch.  Finally, the left roof would need to be trimmed to conform to the right roof.  You might then want to trim the right roof where the left one  intersects, if the attics are to be joined.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Jeff Prince said:

hi Jeff

yes,  plan was as example only - sorry for confusing  🙂 (attached proper one)

thanks for answer - this what I want to do but have no idea how cut, trim etc. 

I am still learning , so know how create a roof in AEC option but how no idea how change anything - when I click on roof twice is open edit roof settings

roof plan.png

1 minute ago, Sylwia K-G said:

jest I want gable for each end but it is impossible in edit roof settings because to roof is linearly with main one 

i cant find solution

The main roof is one roof so no problem to have a gable each end. You then draw the other roofs. If it was me I would draw the other roofs as roof faces as you can clip them in plan view. The Connect/Combine tool is also very useful. As always in Vectorworks there are often several ways to achieve the same result.

• Like 1