Power planning with ConnectCAD

Hi. I am trying to use connectCAD for power planning on event with Spotlight.

The problem I have is to Tag a Distributor like a 63A Distro Box (with electrical component) as a Equipment Item in order to link it with the connectCAD Schematic.

The equipment item plugin doesn't recognise the distributor as a plugin object (appearing in red when the tool is hovered over it)

While this process functions properly with lighting devices, it does not seem to with distributors.

Is there a potential solution for achieving this? Alternatively, might it necessitate development from your teams?

Thank you.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Beat Per Light,

Currently equipment items cannot be attached to distributors. Anyway, this should not stop you from inserting an equipment item near your distributor and use it the same way as you do for devices. The only 2 differences are that the equipment item will not follow the distributor if it gets moved and the equipment item will still draw its default graphics.

We are thinking about extending this functionality, so your feedback is really welcome and we will take it in account in our considerations for future updates!

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Sorry. Didn’t get the meaning of your answer. English is not my first language. Anyway. 
I was wondering if there could be a way to create a device in connectCAD from a distributor who have in an out plug in already. I understand that it mean to have the same connector database. But anyway. It could be a good news improvement. 

An other thing, I have created a lot of device with some photos (back and front), some color tag to stick to the plot standard of our company. I some other dynamic text. 
One cool thing could be to select a device symbole in the device builder and import it from the database devices. It could be a great improvement to earn time when we create new devices. 

• 2 weeks later...